Respiratory Physiotherapy involves a comprehensive assessment, to understand how your respiratory condition affects you and impacts on your daily life. This is followed by the provision of a variety of treatments / management techniques by highly skilled and experienced Respiratory Physiotherapists.
Services provided include:
- Education and treatment of lung conditions including but not limited to Bronchiectasis, Asthma, COPD/Emphysema, Chest Infections and Interstitial Lung disease
- Education and prescription of airway clearance techniques and equipment
- Breathlessness management techniques
- Persistent Cough management
- Treatment of dysfunctional Breathing pattern disorders
- Exercise prescription and Pacing
- 1:1 individualised exercise programmes tailored to respiratory fitness
- Inhaler technique Assessment
- Advice on Self Management for your respiratory Condition
- Improving the efficiency of your breathing
We accept referrals from Consultants, GP’s or individuals and work closely with the Respiratory Specialist Consultants at The Hospital of St. John and St. Elizabeth.